Monday, March 23, 2009

.blah.

It's 8:30 on a Monday evening. As I sit here in front of my computer with a warm cup of freshly homemade Starbucks (with a splash of my favorite Italian Sweet Cream); I have a confession.

I'm in a sports slump at the moment and I'm not proud of it.


I'm sure you may have wondered where in the world I've been. I don't have an excuse really. I can't use "traveling for work" as a reason because I've been home since my return from the NBA All-Star Weekend in February. And for whatever reason...here we are, surrounded by a ton of sports headlines and I've been M.I.A.

Hmmm, let's see. March Madness is here and I haven't blogged about it once. Manny finally signed with the Dodgers and I'm too burnt out on the subject to give you my insight. LT signing with the Chargers made me feel some enthusiasm but oddly enough it wasn't enough to boil over into my blog. Even today, Lance Armstrong goes for a tumble and breaks his collar bone and I've got nothing to say except, "ouch!"


For this my friends, I do apologize.

With all due respect, I am not saying that I am tired of sports. That's actually NOT the case AT ALL. I think the truth of the matter is, I've had too many non-sports related things going on in my life and it's causing somewhat of an anxiety/stressed/depressed feeling in my mind. No requests for pity here; I'm just trying to get you to see where I'm coming from. Ok, now I'm rambling. I will tell you though that the one semi-sports related topic that has been on my mind for the last several weeks is this. My thoughts and deepest prayers are still with the families of Marquis Cooper, Corey Smith, and William Bleakley who never returned home to their families after a day out to sea. This story was one that broke my heart.


*sigh*~ With that said, today I've decided to talk about something other than sports for a slight change. It's something that I happen to love (and I'm sure I can speak for most gals out there).

PURSES!

Yup, that's right PURSES. For you guys that want to stop reading...fine. But you might want to understand a thing or two about why girls have a passion for purses.


So, any fashion-minded girl who looks to enhance her style can always turn to a cute purse. You see, it's a statement. A way to tell someone: look what I've got on my arm and yes, it belongs to me. It's no secret girls carry a number of different things everywhere they go. Some common finds in my own purse would be:
  • wallet
  • makeup bag
  • sunglasses case
  • iphone
  • keys
  • ipod (sometimes)
  • a pen
  • gum/candy

Right there you can see the need for a purse, right? So, if a girl has to carry her essentials anywhere and everywhere, why not make it as stylish as possible? Now, you may wonder why some girls want to carry more pricey bags than others? It's simple. Look at it like this...it's like a car. Some people drive a Honda and some people drive a BMW, it's a preference just like a purse. The other awesome thing about a cute purse is that you can use it with more than one outfit. It can even make a so-so outfit look like so much more! To prove my point, check out these comparisons:

So guys, the next time you think a purse is a waste of money...think again! It's one of the best accessories a girl can have. And ladies, one sidenote: it's ok to want different wallets to coordinate with different purses. Just don't forget to grab your ID when you are switching them out. :)

Love,
Peace,
& Handbags,
-c

No comments: