Wednesday, October 15, 2008

.jetsetter.

Greetings blog friends! I apologize for leaving you without a new post for quite some time. I have been extremely busy with work and a bunch of other things. I’ve been traveling a bit so that has kept me away from the computer. Where am I now you wonder?

Well, I’ve been in Dallas for a few days now. This is my first time in the Texas (other than previous layovers at the airport) and since I am here for work, I am not able to venture around the city too much. What I have noticed so far is that it is a bit on the humid side compared to California. On my first night in Dallas, we tried out the Cadillac Bar for dinner which serves Mexican cuisine. The restaurant was in an area called the West End. I had the most delicious Shrimp Tacos. They also had warm chips and excellent salsa. We also tried the fresh guacamole which was yummy as well.


Since I’m a sports fan, being in Dallas definitely makes me think of the Cowboys. Too bad there isn’t a Cowboys game scheduled during my stay. I imagine it would have been an exciting experience to watch them play in their own home stadium. Speaking of the Cowboys…is it just me or is this years NFL season been full of major ups and downs since day one? Lets see…
  • Brett Favre leaves retirement and is now a New York Jet.
  • Dante Culpepper sends a letter to every NFL team asking for employment, then retires after no team bites.
  • Tony Romo has a broken pinky and asks his coach to play him anyway despite doctors suggesting he miss 4-6 weeks.
  • Tom Brady, John Kitna, and rookie Rashard Mendenhall are all out for the season and placed on IR.
  • The signings of Shaun Alexander to the Redskins and Roy Williams to the Cowboys.
  • The Chargers losing to Miami but winning against New England, how backwards is that?!
  • Kellen Winslow admitted to the hospital, released, and then rests at home with an undisclosed illness.
  • Adam “Pacman” Jones is now currently suspended (again) indefinitely (at least 4 weeks).
  • Peyton Manning admits to having 2 knee surgeries over the off season rather than 1 that was reported.
  • The Lane Kiffin vs. Al Davis drama brings out the inner bitterness in Shanahan.

Oh and did you hear this:

“John Madden will not be in the booth for the Seattle at Tampa Bay game, NBC told The Associated Press on Monday. Madden, 72, travels by bus to all games he covers. Missing the game will keep him from making three consecutive coast-to-coast trips but will end his streak of working 476 consecutive games. Madden was in Jacksonville, Florida, then in San Diego. He would have had to return to Florida this Sunday. With no game the following weekend to avoid competing against the World Series, Madden would have then headed to his San Francisco Bay Area home.”


Now that’s pretty big news. Did you know that Mr. Madden is afraid of flying which is why he has to take a bus everywhere he goes? That’s a ton of mileage! Anyhow, I honestly think I can go on and on but the list above is plenty. What a crazy NFL season it’s been since the start! I seriously can’t predict who will be the final 2 teams in the Super Bowl but I can’t wait to see what happens!

Anyway, just to give you an update on my FFL, I am currently in 2nd place with 1 loss. Hopefully I can continue to maintain my position in the rankings and make it to the playoffs. By the way, I noticed some preseason Basketball which was pretty cool to see. I’m curious if we’ll see any drama with that league once the season gets closer to opening up. Oh last thing; I heard Magic Johnson was signed on as an NBA analyst for ESPN and ABC, good for him! I’m looking forward to seeing his commentary.

Ok, that’s it for now.
Peace & love,
-C

No comments: