Saturday, November 29, 2008

.the best things in life are free.

Thanksgiving has come and gone and it definitely felt like a different kind of holiday for me. Rather than be excited about the yummy Thanksgiving meal and my favorite pumpkin pie dessert, there was much more on my mind. At first I doubted that I could feel thankful for anything this year. I mean we've got serious issues that surround us right now like the economic crisis, world hunger, and terrorism (to name a few). But, after some reflection; I realized that I was wrong.

It happened when I was sitting in my living room with my dogs on Thanksgiving morning. It dawned on me: I'm one lucky girl. I am truly blessed for everything that I have and the fact that I have the freedom to write this blog is proof. From the small things like the photographs I have to keep memories fresh, to the the big things like a beautiful home and a loving family; I have more than enough (not to mention everything in between)! If you think you don’t have much to be thankful for in life; grab a piece of paper and jot down a list of what you encounter on a daily basis. You’d be surprised. And for those of you who are going through tough times, remember there is a reason for EVERYTHING! You see, it takes going through a storm to end up with a rainbow. In light of the 2009 Thanksgiving holiday, here’s a video that I dedicated to YOU my awesome blog friends. Cheers to your *good life*!



Love,
Happiness, &
Thanksgiving!
-C

No comments: