Tuesday, August 26, 2008

*best week ever* FFL08

After lunch at PF Changs and a few errands on Sunday; I ran over to my Mom’s place to get ready for the annual Fantasy Football draft. This year was pretty important because we had a LIVE DRAFT set up. We had 4 out of the 10 team managers all in the same room on separate computers. The rest of the managers were at their respective home computers.

What you don’t know is that last year, this league (which consists of regulars) was all set for a live draft as well. Everyone was ready in front of their computers waiting for the draft to begin. All of a sudden, we realize that the draft is now marked AUTO. I make some calls to Yahoo Sports (fantasy football tech support, lol) and we find out that because 1 person failed to log in and register timely, the live draft was automatically cancelled and turned into an auto draft. Wow, were people upset!

SO, this year…that particular person was replaced with a new manager and we were set for this years LIVE DRAFT. Everyone registered weeks prior and had planned their entire day around this exciting event.

6:30PST the “Best Week Ever” League’s LIVE DRAFT begins!

Unlucky me, I had 9th pick. As the draft progressed, I got quieter and quieter because I became more and more unhappy with how my team was coming together. I was pretty bummed I didn't get my man Romo. *sigh* Ok, well because I promised I would post my team, here it is:

1. Randy Moss
2. Marion Barber
3. Plaxico Burress
4. Jay Cutler
5. Philip Rivers
6. Jason Witten
7. LenDale White
8. Roy Williams
9. Matt Ryan
10. Nate Kaeding
11. Brian Urlacher
12. Kirk Morrison
13. David Harris
14. Derrick Mason
15. Bob Sanders
16. Darrelle Revis
17. Felix Jones
18. Warrick Dunn
19. LaRon Landry

Go ahead, rip me if you’d like. But hey, the season hasn’t started and as you know, “ANTHING CAN HAPPEN”! Oh by the way, just to confirm; we play with 2 QB’s and individual defense players. It’s actually an interesting mix and it keeps you on your toes. Anyway, I’ll have to see how Rivers does. I did pick up Matt Ryan (because there is hope he may be a sleeper pick). Save your smack talk until after week 1! :op

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I GOT LT!!! #1 pick yay!!!