Saturday, August 23, 2008

.a few of my favorite things.

Once every so often I will enlighten you by sharing some random thoughts about myself. I figure if you’re taking the time to read my blog, it might be interesting for you to learn something about me you may not know.

First off, I really enjoy music. I download songs frequently and am constantly compiling playlists. Typically my playlists will match up to a specific mood, thought, or memory that I may have. At the moment, I'm feeling pretty mellow (currently listening to No One by Aly & A.J. via headphones). My style of listening to music is paying close attention to the melody and lyrics. From the first few notes, I can tell right away if I like a song or not. I’ve always wondered if people listen to lyrics like I do. Most times I hear songs as a story which is probably why I also enjoy watching music videos as well. Music is also a key element to movies. So many times, the emotion of a scene isn’t complete without the soundtrack. If you took a peek into my purse, more than likely you’ll find my ipod. I absolutely must have my ipod with me when I travel. Without it, I literally feel lonely and bored while I’m waiting in the terminals and on the plane. :(
Pastel colors are usually what I gravitate towards. I like pinks, blues, purples, and any color that is light and fresh. Because I like colors and am a visual person, it is only natural that I love make-up. I love all of the colors and the glittery palettes. I bet you didn’t know that I grew up a tom-boy! No joke. The only reason I am telling you this is because I wanted to share with you that I didn’t start wearing make-up until after I graduated high school. Scary, huh?! It’s true. The story is, after I received my very first paycheck from my very first job (when I started college); I took myself over to Nordstrom and headed for the MAC cosmetics counter. A pretty lady working behind the counter looked at me (probably saying to herself, “this girl needs some serious help”) and sold me my first set of basic makeup essentials. I remember standing there listening to her explain how the brushes worked. I was so focused on trying to remember what order to apply the various eyeshades. Geez, it was extremely confusing for a tom-boy back then! No worries though, eventually I got the hang of it! :)
I love desserts. When I’m in the mood for something on the richer side, Ruth Chris has a yummy flourless Godiva chocolate cake. My go-to dessert when I’m indecisive is probably crème brûlée. When I want something light, my all time favorite is pinkberry! Original + mochi + kiwi + mango! I have to mention that this year; I was privileged to experience Café du Monde in New Orleans during my trip to the NBA All-Star Jam Session. If I could, I’d open up a shop right here in San Diego so everyone here can enjoy a perfect beignet and Chicory coffee served Au Lait. It’s delicious!
Lastly, like most girls…I love flowers. I love the way they look and smell. I love scented floral leis from Hawaii the most. I light scented candles when I’m in the mood to relax. I also enjoy a nice glass of Riesling to unwind after a hectic and stressful day.

No comments: