Thursday, August 21, 2008

what's been keeping me busy this week?

Facebook
"Blog away lady" commented Jason Brenner (aka Brenzor) regarding my Facebook note which I used to introduce people to this new blog of mine. It's been a little over a month since I joined the crowd and started my very own Facebook account. I guess you can say it's the new MySpace but I describe it more like a funhouse for friends. For those of you who use Facebook, you more than likely love it. It's really the only place where you can have "Kobe Bryant thrown at you" via SuperPoke, have Peace, Happiness, and Tranquility sent to you via "Send Good Karma", or send someone a Monster Hug. Good times. One negative is, when you log in...most of the time you've got a ton of friends sending you all kinds of requests for you to add various applications (aka "apps") that you may or may not want. Because these people are your friends, you end up adding everything and your page becomes this mish-mosh collage of all kinds of images and games you probably didn't want in the first place. :o/

If by the off chance, you don't have a Facebook...this is probably sounding like complete nonsense or a foreign language even. Trust me; I was once in your shoes. The first time I logged in, it was borderline frustrating. I had no idea where to begin. In all honesty, the simplicity of the way your new profile page looks is almost complicated. Never fear, this all changes when you get your first friend request. Somehow, once you are IN..."they" (meaning your friends) find you. You see, what I realized is...it's up to your friends to sort of lead the way. Once you finally have friends, the application requests slowly but surely begin pouring in. If all else fails, add the "app". You can always remove it later if you don't want it but at least you learn by trial and error. Go on...see for yourself!
http://www.facebook.com


P.S. My personal favorite app is "Pieces of Flair". My bulletin board is almost full! :op And the fact that you can update your Facebook via iPhone through a one touch shortcut, amazing
.

Fantasy Football 2008
Yes folks, it's that time of the year. Preseason is winding down and before we know it, the sweet sound of football will be back on for our viewing pleasure. Along with this excitement is the one and only Fantasy Football (as I refer to it FFL08). If you can believe it, this year...yours truly is the commish. Yup, you heard me right. I placed 2nd last year which leads me to believe I'm not too shabby. We've got a 10 team league on Yahoo Sports and our live draft is scheduled for this Sunday at 6:30PST. This week I've been feverishly keeping tabs on all of the player updates and injuries. I'll be sure to post my team up. Wish me luck
!

The Olympics
Let me shock you for a moment. I heard on a news segment this morning that there were 20 US Olympians who are mothers. That fact is so inspiring to me. They previewed clips of these hard-bodied US Athletes playing with their kids in Beijing. What astounded me the most was that majority of these kids were BABIES! Yes, babies!!! It's crazy to me that less than a year ago, these Olympian Mommies were pregnant (still working out) and were able to get themselves in Olympian form?! One word: WOW!

And of course, who in the planet does not know who Michael Phelps is? I can probably refer to the guy as Aquaman and people would know exactly who I was talking about. The guy is incomparable to anyone. He's a 14-time Olympic Gold Medalist (the most by any Olympian), and holds 7, I repeat 7 World Records. To top it off, he's 23 years of age.

Enough said.


Last but not least: Fun Project (aka .lovemystar.)

Since I'm pretty sure that at one point you may have wondered what my blog header meant; I'm here to tell you it does have significance. Right now, I can't divulge too much detail but I can tell you that it is my new fun/hobby/why not project. More on this will be posted exclusively on this blog. Once more details become available, you'll be the first to know. For now, be excited! :)

No comments: