Saturday, September 13, 2008

.FFL recap + q&a + an open letter to VY.

It's a tough week ahead in my Fantasy Football world. The good news is (no matter what you thought about my line up), yours truly ms. commish of the *best week ever* league is in first place. My team came together and I not only won my match up, I scored the most in my league (184.45 to be exact). Sorry... that was a lot of bragging. ;op Anyway, to sum it up Cutler and Rivers did well. Randy Moss managed a TD even without Brady and Marion Barber did not disappoint. It also was a plus that Plaxico signed his new deal right before game 1 so his 133 yards came by no surprise. Week 2 will be difficult because I'll have Cutler playing against Rivers which means trouble. Someone has to lose so all I could hope for is a high scoring game. With LT questionable, who knows what to expect. Since I HAD to buy StatTracker because there is no way I'm going to sit there and manually estimate my points all weekend, I'll be able to update you sooner rather than later.

Q&A - you ask, I answer (maybe) :)

So, I decided that I'd open up the question forum to you my blog fans. Your questions can be about sports, my blog postings, or anything that you may want to know. If I deem your question would be interesting to my blog readers, I'll post my answer for all to see... fair enough? Ok, here we go. I received a couple of questions and thought they would be a great start for Q&A:

So what's the scoop on Merriman? Being a San Diego native, I'm guessing you may have some more insight than I do. Did the team force him to sit?

Well, I've been debating about if I want to blog about Merriman again. Since you asked, here’s what I think. In a nutshell, I think that Merriman got hit in the knee during the first game. After this, he left the field. I feel like #1) he did not have mobility with his brace, 2) he realized people will be going for his knee, 3) it hurt and he had an epiphany that if he kept playing, his career and future was in jeopardy. He's doing the right thing by not taking up a D slot that isn't being maximized. That is my 2 cents. I doubt he was forced to quit the season but I'm sure he was being warned by the team docs and probably Norv. Shawne, you're doing the right thing!


Christine, what is your favorite pinkberry combination?

Oooh, good question! That's easy. I always start with original. Yes, I've tried green tea and coffee but it doesn't compare to original according to my taste buds. My toppings are:

mango + kiwi + mochi = christine's perfect pinkberry~

Ok, so if you'd like to pose me a question that I can ponder... send 'em over to my special email addy that I created for this very purpose question4christine@gmail.com. Looking forward to them!

Last but not least, an open letter to Vince Young

Dear Vince,

I hope you aren't as sad as the media has made you out to be. Today on ESPN, I heard a sportscaster say that your biggest concern right now should be "earning back the respect of your team". I just want you to know that I think that comment is ridiculous. Your biggest concern right now should be you and only you. I understand that football is your life and career at the moment but, if you take a step back and look at the bigger picture... football isn't forever. Please look out for #1 and I'll say a prayer for you.

P.S. Don't let the Madden curse beat you.

No comments: