Wednesday, September 24, 2008

.mnf + plaxico + my must see tv.

This weeks Monday Night Football game was pretty awesome. First off, you had the 0-2 Chargers at home up against Brett Favre and his new green team, the Jets. The anticipation was crazy! There were so many questions leading up to the game. What if the Chargers lose and go 0-3, what then? How would Rivers hold his composure playing against one of this childhood idols, Brett Favre? Would LT be able to play with his sore toe? It turns out the game was more than anyone could have asked for. From the opening kick to the final few minutes, it was the kind of game that kept even the casual football fan glued to the TV. It was actually really nice to see Brett playing ball again. You can't help but have respect for the guy. He looked happy which was cool to see. As you may know, in the end the Chargers were able to turn up the heat and take control of the game for the win. All in all, it was one of the better MNF games I've seen in a while. Welcome back Chargers and *high five* to Cromartie for an awesome performance!


Quick FFL update. Lucky for me, I was able to come from behind on Monday night and continue on my winning streak in my fantasy league. Surprisingly, Rivers has been a great pick. Since we play 2 QB's, Cutler and Rivers have been a high scoring combination. I'm still in first place and it feels good. :) I'm thinking that people aren't happy campers in my FFL. :o/ Speaking of fantasy football, what's up with Plaxico Burress getting suspended for 1 game? That headline pinched me a bit when I heard about it since he's a starter on my team. Thanks Plax, appreciate it. I'll have to say that I was very impressed when I saw Drew get on Sportscenter ASAP for damage/PR control. What a smart agent you have! I love the sense of urgency! Unlike the NBA rookies (not going to name names on this particular blog) who recently got caught doing bad things and we don't hear from any of them, nor do we hear from their agent or publicist for DAYS! I personally thought that was poor judgement on their agencies and/or management's part. Especially since when the players finally released statements, they claimed their non-involvement and innocence! A press conference style apology would have done these kids wonders but oh well--that opportunity came and went. You'd think they'd have learned from Kobe!


Anyway, enough about that because that will be a blog in itself! Stay tuned for more on the NBA Rookies; I'll be writing about that soon. On to must see TV! This week in TV, it is pretty special because (aside from the MNF game) a ton of shows are on this week. I've been waiting all summer for a few of my favorites. You can bet I'll be watching Heroes, Grey's Anatomy, (my all time favorite), the Office, and probably LOST (if I can muster the patience). I just finished watching the Heroes premiere on my DVR. I have to say that I'm pretty overwhelmed with the 2 hour episode. It seemed like so much went on, almost like an entire season crammed into 2 hours! The ending was pretty interesting so I'm curious about next week. For all you MTV junkies, I'll admit to watching the Hills and Making the Band 4. Right now, I'm looking forward to tomorrow so I can watch Grey's. Now you know what keeps my interest on TV when I'm not watching sports!

No comments: