Thursday, September 18, 2008

.my fan girl moment.

Quick FFL update. I won my week 2 match up with 195.35 points. What's crazy is if Moss gave me more than the 2.20 points he posted for me, I could have broken the 200 mark. So, my season record so far is 1st place with 379.80 and 2 wins. Bring it on! :op

Ok, moving right along. :)

Speaking of football, it's clear that the Chargers haven't had the best start this season. They've managed to dig themselves into a deficit that caught most sports analysts and fans off guard. I mean we all know that the Chargers were projected to do extremely well this year. There was (and still is) Super Bowl talk. Game 1 versus Carolina was a bit of a surprise loss, only because you'd figure they would have a decent shot given that the game was at home, Steve Smith was benched (due to a suspension) and the reality that Delhomme is no Peyton. Game 2 is a different story. That game should have been a W for the Chargers but unlucky for them a botched ref call and the gutsy 2-point conversion for the win by Shanahan which "people can't stop talking about" got them into their 0-2 slump.

In light of this challenging predicament, I've decided to reflect on the good times during training camp, right before this season began. In early August, a few gal pals (Cheryl + Jaymee + Michelle) and I had one of the best experiences we could have ever wished for. We were invited (thanks to Chris "fairyboy" Shtino) to a private session of Chargers training camp to have dinner with LT. Yes, LT as in LaDainian Tomlinson. Because we were VIPs, we were able to see the Chargers team up close and watch them run play after play until it was finally time for dinner. Before we met with LT, the gals and I were able to visit with a few Chargers for photos and autos. Rookie Antoine Cason was a favorite of mine since he was very down to earth. I also had a variety of players including VJ, Jammer, and Sproles sign a ball for me as a keepsake. One of the highlights prior to meeting with LT was being introduced to Norv Turner. What a cool coach he was!

Once LT finished getting cleaned up after his practice session, he came out to meet us in our private tent. At first, I wondered if it would feel awkward to be around one of the best Running Backs in NFL history. I mean, what would we talk about with him and how would he act around us? All worries aside when he arrived. He greeted us with a big warm smile and introduced himself to us (all the while calling us by our names). After this, we all sat around a small round table with LT and had dinner. We ate yummy Polynesian Cuisine while chatting it up with LT for about an hour. He was so funny and definitely made us all feel really comfortable. He told us about some of his personal experiences at a few classic games from previous seasons. He talked about his feelings on his current team including an outlook on his future in the NFL. LT even told us some juicy gossip which I won't disclose since this isn't TMZ. :)

Anyway, below are some photos from one of the coolest experiences of my life. Enjoy!

By the way, if you think it's silly we're all wearing LT jerseys... for your information LT LOVED it and commented on how cool it was we were representing the 21. It made him a happy camper!

Peace!

-Christine (aka: LT fan for life!) :)

No comments: